SpeedTrace Pro timeline capabilities empower you to:
- Analyze time ranges with slow response times or high CPU time usage
- Investigate worst case execution times and its timely distribution
- Analyze performance and quality issues of single transactions
- Get known to transaction time percentiles to find out how often your performance requirements are violated
Integrated App Event Tracker
Enrich performance profiles and app traces with system event information:
- Record SQL queries, HTTP requests
- Trace WCF & .NET Remoting calls,
- Capture Resource-Usage File I/O activity
- Record Networking events
- Capture Debug/Trace-Statements
Very Fast Tracing
SpeedTrace Pro provides the following concepts to minimize profiling impact:
- Selective instrumentation: Here, you can maximze the execution speed of your target app – without losing valuable information. You can export optimized performance recording filters – right from the recorded app scenario trace.
- Preinstrumentation: Annoying just in time (JIT) compilation and instrumentation overhead times are removed to maximize execution speeds.
Tracer / Bug Trapping
Often software issues occur at surprising places where no debug or trace info is available.
- Minimize your own app logs to a minimum.
- Get application insights right from the .NET app. SpeedTrace reveals the sequence of executed operations. Also you can see recorded app events. And the best – without manually added trace/debug statements.
- Locate and fix software bugs using the traced app flow. Use also your logged data for the analysis if you want.
- Analyze runtime issues like app freezes where the order of app events is important.
Simultaneously record multiple apps (load balancing) or services (SOA) on different machines – from just one SpeedTrace Pro client controller instance.
Freely Distributable Trace Agent
SpeedTrace Pro provides you with a Freely distributable Recorder. It is acting as a trace agent. With the agent you can trace a virtually unlimited number of external apps simultaneously via Internet/network. You can use the agents at your customer sites – even if there is no network connectivity to the target machines.
The recorder works like the black box deployed in aviation. With the included time stamps you can find out
- what happened during an event
- what actually caused the event.
All you have to do, is to deploy a “Redistributable Recorder Package” on all target machines.
To run the agents, no additional license is required.